25 Ways to Share the Bible
When it comes to encouraging others and spreading the gospel, it's all about creating connections. In any given conversation, relationship, or scenario, you are only a few degrees away from an opportunity to influence another person. Below is a list of ideas to help spark your own idea on how you can share the most important story with others.
- Send a Bible to servicemen and service women overseas.
- Give a Bible to the server at a restaurant (along with a generous tip!).
- When you travel, leave a Bible in your hotel room for the housekeeper-also leave a note of thanks for his/her service.
- Give a Bible to the teller at the bank drive-through window.
- Challenge your child to find someone at school who doesn't own a Bible and give one to them.
- Give a Bible to the business traveler next to you on the plane or on the commuter train.
- Donate a stack of Bibles to the church staff to give to those they visit or to needy people who come in asking for help.
- Donate a box or two of Bibles to your local homeless shelter.
- Give a Bible to each of the parents at your child's daycare.
- Deliver some Bibles to the waiting rooms at local doctor's offices and hospitals.
- Give a Bible to each guest at your wedding or your child's wedding.
- Include a Bible in each of your Christmas baskets.
- Give a Bible to each person who visits your yard sale.
- Leave a Bible with a bow in your mailbox for your mailperson.
- If you use eBay, include a Bible as a free gift when someone buys something from you.
- Donate a case or two of Bibles to your child's summer camp.
- Give Bibles to your local library to send home with each book borrower.
- Send Bibles to prisoners.
- Send Bibles to overseas ministries.
- Supply a local Army unit's chaplain with Bibles for their unit.
- Include a Bible in your new neighbor's housewarming gift basket.
- Give a Bible to your apartment maintenance person.
- Donate a case of Bibles to a charity in the name of a friend for a birthday, graduation, or Christmas gift.
- Deliver some Bibles to your local retirement facility.
- Offer a Bible, along with a tip, to your hair stylist.
There are many low cost Bibles that you can get to use in these ways. Here is just one example that sells for $2.99 or less.
Video about this story:
Share the story of how you are putting God’s Word into action or share the story of what someone you know is doing. Read other people’s stories to help inspire you to take similar actions.
Read thought-provoking articles on issues around the world, discover what the Bible says about serving others, and get motivated to make a difference.